5 Secrets To Looking Great In A T-Shirt | Look Stylish In The Perfect Fitting Tee
1. Get The FIT Right
Women agree that men are more attractive in a fitted white T-shirt. The shape of your top accentuates the typically masculine silhouette of broad shoulders and narrow waist.
So, no matter how you’re built, a t-shirt can make you look more masculine.However, there is a caveat – it has to fit perfectly and highlight the best attributes of your body without looking like a skin-tight workout top.
2. Choose The Right COLOR
You should own at least a few of the basics – white, black, gray and navy.
- White – Complements all skin tones. The classic white t-shirt should be part of your wardrobe. Remember to always wash your white clothes together. Don’t mix with other colors.
- Gray – A mixture of different shades – gray virtually enhances your body shape. Watch out for sweat marks which are easily visible on dark colors.
- Black – Another versatile color option, black pairs well with most outfit combinations. However, the color tends to fade quickly and can be a little severe during the day.
- Navy – A better choice than black that is more suitable during the day and great for creating tonal looks when combined with jeans.
- Other Colors – A t-shirt is probably the easiest way to experiment with colors. Greens, reds, purples, and blues are great for creating a pop of color under a cardigan or worn on their own. Make sure the color of the t-shirt doesn’t clash with your skin tone.
3. Select The Right FABRIC
Quality is not related to the weight of the top. In fact, with t-shirts, the lighter materials tend to cost more.
100% cotton is the preferable choice, especially Egyptian or Pima cotton. They are made from long staple fibers that last longer, look thinner and feel lighter.
Cotton blends are also good options. A moderate amount of elastane (stretch fibers) helps to maintain the shape of your top, whereas cotton-polyester blends come in at a lower price point and offer easy maintenance because they crease less.
The label on the t-shirt gives you an idea of the composition of the fabric used to make the t-shirt. The most common options are:
- Combed Cotton: A strong, soft and smooth fabric which has been brushed fine to straighten the fibers and remove short strands.
- Organic Cotton: More expensive than treated cotton, this soft material is derived from cotton grown with minimal pesticides and fertilizers and pesticides.
- Pima: This is the highest grade cotton with extra long fibers. Resists pilling, stretching, fading, and gets softer with each wear. Supima is the trademarked name for American-grown Pima cotton.
- Bamboo: T-shirts made from bamboo have a soft sheen and are incredibly soft. They are breathable and slightly on the expensive side.
- Merino: Probably the most expensive top you will own, a 100% Merion wool T-shirt can be worn wear for an entire week before it starts to smell. The perfect choice for travel.
- Jersey: Typically made from cotton or a synthetic blend, this stretchy knit fabric is very flexible and comfortable.
- Polyester: Light and quick-drying, but not breathable. Polyester maintains its shape well and resists wrinkles and shrinking.
- Rayon: Also called viscose, rayon is a man-made fiber made out of wood pulp. It feels smooth to the touch and wrinkles easily.
4. How To Wear Your T-Shirt In STYLE
- The first thing to pay attention to is the collar. You need to match your collars when layering. If you’re wearing a jacket with a collar, your t-shirt needs to feature the same shape.
- Should you wear a crew or v-neck?
- Crew necks are suitable for men with a small chest or sloped shoulders. They help in creating an illusion of broader shoulders, giving your body more proportion.
- V-necks are perfect for shorter gents because they create an illusion of length and height, elongating the neck. They provide balance to men with long necks and narrow faces.
- What about a deep V-neck, a scoop neck or a boat neck? My advice is to steer clear of these styles. They tend to be fashion trends that can only be worn tastefully by a select group of men.
- Should you tuck in your t-shirt?
- In general, no. If you are wearing it as part of a uniform, then tuck it into your trousers.
- However, depending on the culture you are surrounded by and the shape of the t-shirt and the rest of your outfit, it is possible to rock a tucked-in tee. The tucked-in-t-shirt style works best with a short-sleeve polo shirt and tailored trousers.
- How should you style your outfit with a t-shirt?
- Follow the example of classic style icons (James Dean, Marlon Brando) – pair a classic white t-shirt with jeans and a pair of boots. This is the most understated and effortless look for a man. Or, layer a shirt by wearing a jacket, cardigan or checked shirt, along with dark denim and stylish loafers or monk straps.
5. What Is The FUNCTION Of The T-Shirt?
When is it appropriate to wear a t-shirt?
If you’re intending to make a great first impression, on a date or a party, a colored shirt is a better option.
Ask yourself what the rest of the people at the event are going to be wearing. If you are surrounded by a sea of t-shirts, feel free to dress down as well, but with a quality top.
Concerts, the local bar, beaches, and casual parties with close friends are all acceptable occasions to dress for comfort in a t-shirt. Any activity that involves a lot of sweating, including sport, requires a t-shirt.
Ensure you are wearing one that is designed as outerwear and not as an undershirt.
Maintain your t-shirts with proper care while cleaning them. They won’t have the same impact if they look like their best days are well in the past.
Wild Wolfi T-shirts are 100% cotton and tailored to hug your body perfectly without being too tight.
Credits: – Muscle Fit Basics